SPWA stands for the Saskatchewan Public Works Association. It is an Association of public works officials from municipal agencies across the province as well as companies and suppliers of consulting services, technologies, and equipment used in typical public works areas of responsibility. These areas include road and street maintenance, solid waste collection and disposal, municipal water and wastewater operations, storm water management, transportation, traffic control, fleet maintenance, building and grounds maintenance and other related areas.
The Association strives to promote professionalism in the public works field and provide a network through which members can share and receive useful information. Membership in the association provides an opportunity to meet other public works officials who share common responsibilities and services. The networking and exchange of information can help members improve the efficiency and operations of any local public works department.
SPWA 2016 Annual Conference & Tradeshow
For more information click HERE
Previous 2015 Events
Fall CEU Workshop
Click HERE to see pictures of the Fall Operator Workshop
SPWA Equipment Expo & Golf Tournament
Click HERE to see pictures of the Equipment Expo & Golf Tournament
2015 SPWA NPWW CEU Workshop and YP & Industry Networking Steak Night
Click HERE to see pictures of the NPWW CEU Workshop and Steak Night
2015 Annual Conference and Tradeshow - 'Connecting...it all together'
Click HERE to see pictures of the Conference and Tradeshow
The Saskatchewan Public Works Association, is pleased to provide the Roadrunner Magazine. This trade magazine is specifically targeted to public works practitioners in Western Canada.
Fall Issue 2015
Summer Issue 2015
Spring Issue 2015
Membership now includes, at no extra charge:
• Registration for live Click, Listen & Learn webinars
• Access to recorded Click, Listen & Learn webinars in the Members’ Library
• 24/7 access to recorded educational sessions from past International Public Works Congress & Exposition events in the Members’ Library
• Access to e-books in the Members’ Library
• Earn CEUs or PDHs from all live or recorded Click, Listen & Learn programs you view with no additional “tracking fee.” (No tracking fee for CEUs/PDHs earned from other APWA national events either!)
In addition to the opportunities members have enjoyed for the past 75 years!
• Tap into the experience of more than 28,500 others in public works and public infrastructure (over 2,100 from Canada)
• Get connections to hundreds of corporations that provide products or services for public works
• Receive discounts on top notch live and online educational programs, books, videos, public outreach tools, and other materials
• Promote professional excellence in the public works industry through accreditation programs for public agencies, certification programs for individuals, and career path programs from the Donald C. Stone Center for Professional Excellence
• Support the profession with public outreach programs and the opportunity to be the voice of public works at the national or local level
APWA/CPWA members handle issues in:
• Construction Management
• Emergency Management
• Engineering and Technology
• Fleet Services
• Grounds and Urban Forestry
• Leadership and Management
• Solid Waste
• Transportation (streets/roads, bridges, signage, and transit)
• Utility and Public Right-of-Way
• Water (potable, stormwater, and wastewater)
• Winter Maintenance
What makes APWA/CPWA different from other professional associations?
“APWA engages the full spectrum of public works professionals, and they’re all equal stakeholders. I’m a member of other professional organizations but don’t see the rate of return that APWA brings.” — Kurt Corey, Director of Public Works, City of Eugene, OR
“What I find by being a member of APWA is its 'one stop shopping'. Other associations can specialize in their areas of expertise, which is great, but what APWA does for me is that I can go to one place and find all the information on any topic I need in the very diverse world of public works.” — Brenda Herrman, Director of Public Works (retired), City of Hays, KS
Join today! Visit www2.apwa.net/membership/PickMembership.asp or call 800-848-APWA.
Check out our new job postings for the Public Works Field under the 'Resources' tab or follow this link: